Do you know the tips which are essential before starting a blog? Are you ready to buy domain and hosting for it? If yes, read this article which will guide you to get reliable services. As we all know, a self-hosted WordPress blog is not free and professional bloggers need to invest to get it. To create a blog we need a domain and hosting space that costs nearly $100 per year. We have to get them from reliable and trustworthy domain and hosting services. Also, we are in a need to cut the unnecessary expenses and reduce the costs of domain and hosting as far as possible. I have written this to help you out keeping all this in mind.
We can buy domain and hosting for our blogs in two methods. One is, getting a domain from a separate service and hosting from a separate service. Second one is getting both domain and hosting from a web hosting service. But, the domain cost is high in web hosting services. That is why I recommend you to buy domains from domain registration services and hosting from a web hosting service. Proceed to read for further details.
Buy a Domain Name from BigRock
There are many domain registration services available. BigRock is one among the cheapest services. The payment options they provide are very helpful for anyone from any country to buy domain and hosting. Though they also provide hosting, it is not cost worth enough and they are not the leading web hosting providers. So, I recommend you to register only domain there.
- Go to BigRock. There is a search box on the home page to search for the domain name you want. Type the name you wish to register, choose the extensions you like and click on the Go button.
- If the domain you searched is available, you will get the availability status on the next page. Click on the Add button which is near the domain name you want.
- After adding all the domains you like, click on the Checkout button.
- You may get some suggestions like recommending hosting for the domains. They are not needed. Just click on No thanks, proceed to checkout.
- The next page will show you for what things you have to pay. The privacy protect add-on might have added. This is to hide your details from the WHOIS info. So, spammers could not find your personal information. Remove it if you don’t want.
- Then type richinfo.site in the coupon box and click on Apply to get 10% off. Then click on Proceed to Payment.
- Next, you have to login or signup and then have to pay through any of the payment options.
Buy Hosting Space for Your Domain from HostGator
HostGator is a leader in the market and they provide excellent service and customer support. It is one of the best shared hosting providers and they provide hosting optimized for self-hosted WordPress blogs. Steps in registering a hosting account with HostGator are given below.
- Go to HostGator. Click on the Web Hosting tab.
- Then you will get the available plans’ details. Choose any of the hosting plans. I recommend the Baby Plan, which is suitable for hosting unlimited domain names.
- Afterwards, on the next page, fill the details of your hosting account. In the Choose a Domain section, choose the I Already Own This Domain tab and enter the domain you have just registered.
- Next, choose the billing cycle for the payments, username and security pin to register a hosting account. Choose 36 months as billing cycle to save money.
- Then fill the billing info.
- Choose the website add-ons you need. I think these add-ons are not needed. Because we are going to use WordPress that has many plugins to add security and backup features. So, remove them.
- Then apply the coupon RIS25PERCENT to get 25% off on the total order.
- Finally, accept the terms and proceed to checkout by clicking on the Checkout Now! button.
- After the payment, you will get emails about the hosting details and how to start using it.
Buy Domain and Hosting from BlueHost
BlueHost is also a reliable hosting service. They provide a free domain if we purchase hosting. This will be useful if we want to manage both domain and hosting from the same dashboard. The steps are explained below.
- Go to BlueHost. Hover on Products and then Click on Shared hosting.
- Choose the hosting plan on the next page. Plus plan is the most apt one if you want to host unlimited domains.
- Signup for a new domain (you will get this free) on the next page and click on next.
- Then fill your account information.
- The next step is choosing the package and add-ons. As, I said these add-ons are a waste of money. Remove all. But, if you feel any add-on is necessary, choose it.
- Then fill the billing information and then confirm that you agree the terms and click on next to proceed payment.
- After finishing all the steps you will get a mail regarding account information and how to start using the hosting.
Which is the Best Method to Buy Domain and Hosting?
Both the methods are best. As BigRock, HostGator and BlueHost are some of the highly trustworthy services, we will not face any issue. Let’s have a glance on the expenses we have to spend. As we need to register hosting for three years to save some money, this is three year budget.
Budget for Method 1: Buy Domain from BigRock and Hosting from HostGator
Domain at $12.50/year (but if you use richinfo.site as a coupon code, you will get 10 percent off. So, $11.25) and renewal at $12.39/year
Total for three years = 11.25+ 2*12.39 = $36.03
Using RIS25PERCENT as a coupon to get 25% off, we can get hosting at $214.5.
Domain and Hosting Expense for three years
HostGator + BigRock Domain = $250.68
Budget for Method – 2: Buy Domain and Hosting from BlueHost
Hosting at $6.95/month.
Total for 36months = $250.2
Both the methods, cost almost the same amount. But, if you register in BlueHost, you can get one free domain which can be managed from the hosting control panel itself. But, if you want to register more domains, BlueHost is costlier than BigRock.
You have learned how to buy domain and hosting for your blog. Choose one of the two methods, setup your WordPress blog, choose a blog topic and start your blog. Hope this article helps you.
Get the latest updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.